As an Embedded Software Engineer - Autopilot you are a key part of our Architecture team to develop and implement the core features and functionalities to have our drones operate safely and autonomously in the air. The current role will be deployed to help improve our Autopilot capabilities and play a key role in our product's commercial success.
Together with our world-class team, currently seven team members, you will take an empowering role: pushing the boundaries of drone technologies. You will be working closely with stakeholders from the System architecture and Hardware development departments.
What is your Day to Day Mission:
- Implementation, maintenance, and optimization of the Quantum-Systems autopilot firmware and firmware stack
- Design, Conception, implementation, and testing of new autopilot functionalities
- Export of flight control and navigation algorithms from Matlab / Simulink and integration into the autopilot’s embedded framework
- Implementation, maintenance, and optimization of BSP / peripheral and external sensor drivers
- Building, documenting, and maintaining autopilot firmware and creation of flight test tickets and support of flight tests
- Debugging / Tracing of code base for code coverage/functionality testing
- Maintenance of the firmware update eco system, including bootloaders & firmware updates
- Maintenance and optimization of firmware build toolchain (GitLab CI/CD) and firmware management
- Support, implementation, and maintenance of production tools
What you bring to the team:
- You have completed a degree in the field of bachelor’s or master’s degree in software engineering / electrical engineering
- You are experienced in writing clean and efficient embedded code for microcontrollers
- Proficiency in C language. You have a proficient handling of software management tools like Git and Gitlab
- Proficient knowledge of typical communication interfaces (UART, I2C, SPI, CAN, ETH ...)
- You have a proficient understanding of embedded software for microcontrollers (ARM, Cortex-M), excellent diagnostic skills, proficient reading and understanding of electronic schematics
- You have a proficient understanding of real-time operating systems like uCOS or RTOS
- You have basic knowledge about autopilots and their generic functional architecture
- You are highly self-motivated and drive your area of responsibility independently
- Due to your open, communicative, friendly, and competent attitude, it is easy for you to be considered as an internal expert
- English level at least B2
- We believe in the power of combined efforts: straightforward tech expertise paired with a customer-centric focus.
- We are industry pioneers who are ambitious, bold, and visionary.
- We push limits, think outside the box, and strive for technological excellence to shape the future of aerial data.
- We promise to be your runway for individual and professional growth.
- Company pension scheme: We support you so that you can already make provisions for later.
- Flexible working hours: With trust-based working hours, you are not only responsible for your working hours but also for your work-life balance.
- Mobile working: If it gets too turbulent for you in our office, you can get the necessary balance through mobile working.
- Employee events: We not only want to grow together but also celebrate our successes together.
- Lunch Card: Be powerful with delicious energy, daily lunch budget is sponsored.
- Corporate Benefits: Your opportunity for attractive offers and discounts from well-known suppliers and brands, e.g. Adidas, Apple, and Expedia.
Quantum Systems specializes in the development, design, and production of small Unmanned Aerial Systems (sUAS). The company’s range of electric vertical take-off and landing (eVTOL) sUAS are built to maximize range and versatility and to provide operators with a seamless user experience. By integrating cutting-edge software capabilities, like edge computing and real-time AI-powered data processing, Quantum Systems is building next-generation UAS for clients in the defense, security, and public sectors.